In recent years, there has been a huge trend towards both internet privacy and the reduction of geographical boundaries when it comes to browsing online. Now, there are a number of different ways in which this can be accomplished. One of the most effective methods is through the use of a proxy server.
On this page, we are going to cover everything that you need to know about cheap proxies. This is without all of the technical jargon. By the end of this page, you should be better educated on what a proxy server does, the benefits and, perhaps more importantly, how you can go about finding good quality cheap private proxies.
What is a Proxy Site or Proxy Server?
We aren’t going to go into a huge amount of depth on how proxies actually work. It is an incredibly technical area. All you really need to have is a brief overview. That should be more than enough to help you understand the benefits of using a proxy and, perhaps more importantly, how you can go about finding a cheap one.
Without a proxy, when you connect to a website it will be a direct connection. Your computer will be communicating directly with the server that hosts the website in question. This means that the server will be able to get a ton of private information from you, whether you like it or not. This includes the following:
- Details of your approximate location. It won’t be able to nail the exact house that you live in, however, many sites will be able to pinpoint the exact city that you are connecting from.
- Details about your computer. This includes the operating system and the web browser that you are using to connect to the website.
- Details on Your Referral. It will know where you came from in order to reach the website i.e. whether you came through a search engine, a direct visit, or a click on a link your friend sent you.
- Has the ability to access cookies on your computer. I won’t get too technical on this. All you need to know it is NOT good in the vast majority of cases. For example, cookies enable a website to ‘track’ everything that you do on the internet. This is, quite often, used to deliver adverts.
When you have a proxy server, it will act as an intermediary. You won’t be connecting to the website server directly. Instead, you will be connecting to a proxy server, whether you opt for cheap proxies or not, and the proxy server will be connecting to the website. The proxy server will send the information back to you. This helps to hide your personal information when you are online.
What are the benefits of using a proxy server?
When you use proxies, providing you choose the right one, you will be able to enjoy a whole host of different benefits. This includes the following:
Privacy online. We have already covered this one to some degree. The websites that you visit will be unable to keep tabs on you. This will make you feel a whole lot more secure when you are browsing online. By securing your privacy online, you have greatly reduced the chance of hacker and spam attacks.
The ability to bypass geographical restrictions. It is no secret that there are some websites out there which display content differently dependent on where you are connecting from. This is especially apparent when you are browsing websites which share video content. When you use the right cheap proxies, you will be able to ‘fake’ your location. This means that you will be able to access content that you normally would not be able to. Many people use proxies to connect to Netflix. This will allow you to access video libraries in different countries.
Caching: again, not going to get too technical here. When you normally connect to a website, your computer will ‘download’ small segments of it to your computer. This is designed to ensure that any future access to that computer will be sped up. Normally, when you use a proxy server there will be a number of other people using it at the same time. They are probably accessing the same websites that you are. Proxies which offer caching will save a copy of the site to the proxy server. This will make it quicker and easier for people to access. Basically, if you opt for the right proxy, you will be able to speed up the way in which you browse the internet.
Difference Between Public and Private Proxy Servers
Benefits of Free Public Proxies
1. They are free. Nobody can deny that there is to use public proxies is tempting, because most of them, if not all can be used for free. Wherever you are, you can use the public proxy server without revealing your credit card number or pay revealed a few dollars to access it. But we all know that there is nothing that is absolutely free in this world. Well, we’ll save the explanation, when we get things wrong.
2. They are easy to use. By public proxies that do not know which port to use. By default, the ports are : “3128” , “80” or “8080” .
Cons Of Public Proxies
1. They are not completely free. There is no such thing as a free lunch; the same is true with free proxies.
2. They are very unreliable. As mentioned above, many public proxies by pirates are compromised. Otherwise, these references are the result of configuration errors that belong to someone else.
3. There is no privacy! Thousands of people worldwide use the same public proxy, so you do not expect to enjoy the power on your own.
Benefits of Dedicated Private Proxies
1. They have high-speed access. In this era of Internet, most people want to have broadband connections, while the use of proxies. If you are one of these proxies when there are special products for you.
2. You have 100% availability. proxies provided by dedicated providers are up 24/7, so no need to worry about the hang ups. This causes very reliable dedicated proxies.
3. They are very safe. As you pay for private dedicated proxy services, proxy povider ensures that your PC is safe all the time. No Bugs, no pirates, no hang ups usage.
Things to Consider When Buying Cheap Private Proxies?
There are a lot of cheap proxies out there to choose from. Some of them are brilliant. The vast majority are not. When you are browsing for a proxy, you will probably stumble across a multitude of free servers. Try to steer clear of them. There is very little way to vouch for their privacy, and they tend to run fairly slow. Thankfully, there are plenty of low-cost proxy servers to choose from. Just make sure that you bear the following in mind:
How reputable is the company that is offering the cheap proxy server? The main reason as to why people opt for cheap proxies is so that they can protect their privacy online. Do you really want to put your privacy in the hands of an unknown entity? You should always check reviews online for the company. Check their website out too, if you can. This should give you a good feel as to whether they can be trusted or not.
Where is the server based? This is going to be incredibly important if you are looking to eliminate geographical boundaries. Some of the best proxy server providers in the world will enable you to switch between different server locations ‘on the fly’. If you are going to have a need to switch locations a lot, then you will probably want to opt for one of those.
What is the purpose of the server? There are many businesses out there who may need to use a proxy server to protect their employees when online. If you have a business need to use a proxy server, then opt for a company which is known for its ability to cater to businesses.
Do you need any special features? Cheap proxies tend to be basic. However, you still want something effective. Not all proxies will offer caching. If you wish to benefit from faster load speeds, then opt for a proxy that does. Some cheaper proxies will also provide a limit on the amount that you can use the server in a day. They will often quote a ‘download limit’. Try to veer away from those if you are going to be connecting to the internet a lot.
List of Best Cheap Private Proxies to Buy
There are a number of different cheap proxy providers out there. Some of them are, of course, better than others. In this list, I am going to highlight ten of the best proxy providers around. If you opt for one of these cheap private proxies, you are going to be enjoying a brilliant service at an incredibly low price.
This company offers a number of different options for those looking for cheap proxies. IPs for their proxies are based in both the United States and Europe, which make them suitable for a number of purposes. All of the proxies that they offer boast unlimited bandwidth, which is brilliant if you are going to be using some pretty bandwidth-intensive websites. Whilst it is unlikely that you will run into too many issues with ACTProxy (they are very simple to use), dedicated support is on hand if required.
If you have mobile devices that you want to connect to the internet, then you should give VyprVPN a spin. They are one of the best cheap proxies out there for mobile devices. There are apps for both Android and iOS available. Of course, you can also use the proxy on your computer, if you wish. There are thousands of IPs available, so you can be sure that you will always have privacy online.
Hide My Ass (https://www.hidemyass.com/)
If you are after one of the fastest cheap proxies around, then look no further than Hide My Ass. They offer speeds that other proxy companies could only dream of. Since they have hundreds of servers around the globe, in over 190 countries, you can be sure that you are always going to be able to hide your identity whilst browsing online. One of the major benefits of HMA is that you can connect from a variety of different devices, all at the same time. This means that you will be able to use your account on both your mobile device and your computer simultaneously.
TOR Guard (https://torguard.net/)
Their most basic proxy service starts at a shade under $6.00 a month. This makes it a bargain for what you are going to get. You can enjoy unlimited bandwidth, unlimited speeds, and SSL, HTTP, SSH and SOCKS5 connections supported. Very few companies are able to offer that at this price point.
IP Vanish (https://www.ipvanish.com)
In order to secure the best possible deal here, you are going to need to pay for a year in advance. Don’t worry though, it is going to be worth each and every penny. When it comes to cheap proxies, this company attracts positive review after positive review. There is a good reason for this too. They have thousands of IPs available for you to use across a whole host of different servers. There is never any downtime, and their services are remarkably secure.
This cheap proxy boasts one of the best interfaces in the industry. It is just so simple to use, and CyberGhost provide features that other cheap proxies could only dream of. The ad blocking is some of the best in the industry, and their geounblocking works on just about every site you would want to use it on. The service is fast and smooth. If you ever have any issues, then the team at CyberGhost will be able to rectify them incredibly quickly.
Hopefully, this guide made it easier for you to understand proxy servers! Remember, there are a lot of companies out there which offer cheap proxies. Don’t just choose the first one that pops up. Put a bit of effort into finding the right one, and you will be far happier with it.
Incoming search terms:
- What are the primary benefits of a proxy server?